Facts and Figures
Master Builders Solutions from BASF offer advanced chemical solutions for new construction, maintenance, repair or renovation of structures. Our employees form a global community of construction chemicals experts that are passionate about solving our customers’ specific challenges at all stages of construction as well as throughout the lifecycle of the structure.
Under the Master Builders Solutions brand BASF combines its technological know-how and comprehensive product portfolio to provide the right solutions, based on our experience gained in countless construction projects worldwide.
Helping to master construction challenges
Every construction project is different and poses specific challenges for our customers. From the tallest building in the world to the longest bridge in the world, BASF’s comprehensive portfolio of products and services under the Master Builders Solutions brand continues to break statistical records in construction:
- Using the MasterGlenium Sky high-level water-reducing admixture, we pumped concrete 691m high using only one concrete pump to make the world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa, Dubai.
- We can keep concrete fresh for 72 hours.
- We can make workable and flowable concrete with 120mm aggregate… and then we can pump it.
- We supplied the chemical solutions for the world’s biggest tunnel boring machine 15.2m in diameter.
- A total of 600,000m³ of concrete was cast using self-compaction concrete technology to create the Akashi Grand Bridge – the world’s longest suspension bridge.