MasterProtect 8000CI - Advanced corrosion inhibitor treatment for steel reinforced concrete
How does MasterProtect 8000CI work?
MasterProtect 8000CI is a surface-applied clear liquid that penetrates concrete and provides an organofunctional molecule to inhibit the electrochemical corrosion process between the rebar and the chloride ions, oxygen and moisture in the concrete.
- Horizontal, vertical and overhead concrete surfaces after proper preparation
- Steel-reinforced cast-in-place, precast, post tension, GFRC, prestressed or other steel reinforced concrete
- Structures such as parking decks, facades, balconies, walkways, piers, bridge decks, beams, columns, and other steel-reinforced concrete structures
- Marine environments with high relative humidity and areas where deicer salts are used
What makes MasterProtect 8000CI a unique solution?
- Vapor-permeated, will not entrap moisture
- Effective in both marine and high humidity environments to mitigate corrosion of rebar even in structures subjected to a high relative humidity environment
- Easy to apply surface treatment that penetrates the concrete and chemically bonds with steel, cement paste and other siliceous material present in the concrete to inhibit macrocell (mat-to-mat) and microcell (along rebar) corrosion of steel reinforced concrete
- Inhibits the corrosion of carbon and galvanized steel rebar
How can you benefit from MasterProtect 8000CI?
- Dries quickly and is easy to apply for faster installation time
- Effective in heavily chloride-contaminated and carbonated concrete environments to dramatically reduce corrosion rate in concrete with chloride or carbon induced corrosion
- Normally does not require removal prior to additional coating applications so it takes less labor to apply than many other corrosion inhibitors