MasterProtect H 1100 - Hydrophobic impregnation based on isobutyltriethoxysilane
How does MasterProtect H 1100 work?
MasterProtect H 1100 is a low viscosity clear liquid based on a selected high purity undiluted isobutyltriethoxysilane. This class of silanes has a very low molecular size, which ensures effective impregnation of concrete and masonry surfaces through deep (3-8 mm) penetration into the pore structure. The impregnated MasterProtect H 1100 reacts with moisture or interstitial humidity and forms permanently bonded hydrophobic lining on the pore-walls of the substrate.
The treated substrates are therefore highly hydrophobic and will inhibit ingress of water and water borne aggressive agents such as chlorides, while retaining the original appearance. The substantial reduction in water absorption of the treated substrates also assists in the thermal insulation characteristics.
MasterProtect H 1100 is also available with a red fugitive dye that provides an easy identification of the treated areas. The colour of the dye will disappear in approximately 1 week depending on the exposure to sunlight.
MasterProtect H 1100 is recommended for application to most of the cementitious, masonry and mineral substrates above ground, not subject to hydrostatic pressure. Applications include treating the surfaces of:
- Bridge decks, abutments, piers, soffits, etc
- Beams, columns and walls of buildings
- Exposed brick structures
- Car parks
- Marine structures
What makes MasterProtect H 1100 a unique solution?
MasterProtect H 1100 is a hydrophobic agent that creates a barrier within the concrete to prevent ingress of water borne contaminants.
How can you benefit from MasterProtect H 1100?
- Effective water repellence - Durability. Inhibits ingress of water borne aggressive agents such as chlorides
- Minimises surface efflorescence - Clean appearance of masonry surfaces
- Breathable - Allows excess water vapour to evaporate from the substrate
- Highly penetrative- Ensures long-term effectiveness even on surfaces exposed to traffic (e.g: car parks)
- Can be supplied with a fugitive dye - Treated area easily identifiable ensuring on-site quality control