MasterSeal 540 - Flexible, polymer cement waterproofing slurry
How does MasterSeal 540 work?
MasterSeal 540 is a two part, prepacked system, consisting of a liquid polymer as Part A and a premixed powder as Part B. The two parts on mixing yield a brushable, smooth slurry with excellent bond to most substrates. The product is based on selected synthetic resins and cements.
What makes MasterSeal 540 a unique solution?
MasterSeal 540 provides toughness and tensile strength through integral fibre reinforcement. Advanced acrylic polymers combined with cements and special fine fillers achieve an excellent flexible waterproof membrane barrier particularly suited for under tile.
MasterSeal 540 is designed to be used as an effective waterproofing membrane on a variety of substrate. Applications include:
- Waterproof coatings to the internal faces of water tanks, sumps, reservoirs, planter boxes etc.
- Treating terraces, balconies, kitchen & toilet floors as a sandwich treatment to prevent water ingress.
- Treating bridge & flyover decks before wearing course to protect concrete from rainwater ingress.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 540?
- Polymer modified – improved bond strength on a variety of substrates concrete, wallboard, cement sheeting, masonry, plywood and particleboard.
- Permeable to water vapours – allows surface to breath, preventing buildup of moisture in structure, reducing maintenance.
- Flexible – can withstand moderate movement of hairline cracks. Bridges cracks up to 1mm in width, reducing maintenance.
- Weather resistant – suitable for use in exposed conditions.
- Brushable consistency – easily applied by brush or spray.
- Non-toxic – can be applied onto surfaces in contact with drinking water. Approved AS/NZS 4020:2002 for contact with potable water