MasterSeal GG 470 - A two-component high performance polysulfide based elastomeric joint sealant (Gun Grade)
How does MasterSeal GG 470 work?
MasterSeal GG 470 is a high grade, polysulphide based sealant possessing outstanding resistance to deterioration due to weathering, ozone, ultra-violet light and attack by chemicals present in industrial atmospheres. It can withstand repeated cycles of compression and extension over a wide temperature range, and has excellent adhesion properties to all materials commonly employed in building and construction work.
MasterSeal GG 470 has been tested to the following standards:
- ASTM C 920-02 Type M, Class 25
- ISO 11600 Class F25LM
- WRAS Approval for use in potable water
What is MasterSeal GG 470 used for?
MasterSeal GG 470 is used for sealing horizontal and vertical joints where pronounced cyclical movement is expected and where the service conditions would be harsh for most common sealants. It is ideal for use in expansion joints in reinforced concrete structures such as bridges, reservoirs, water treatment works, sea walls and roads, etc. It can also be used in floor joints subject to heavy usage where a high resistance to damage is required.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal GG 470?
MasterSeal GG 470 has a long track record and offers the following advantages:
- Supplied as 2 pack unit – ease of mixing and minimal wastage
- Non-Sag – easy application on vertical surfaces
- Good chemical resistance – wider application range
- Non-staining – maintains aesthetics
- Excellent weathering resistance – durable and long term performance